Monday, December 12, 2011
Surgery update
We just met with the surgeon and Scott's surgery went really well. He'll be in recovery for a few hours before we can see him but it looks like all is well.
Moving along
Scott's surgery is just about over and Jaisal is ready and waiting for Scott's liver to get there. Let's hope they don't get stuck in Chicago traffic!
The wheels are in motion
Scott's surgery has started. I'll update as soon as I know anything or have news.
Daddy day
Yesterday we took full advantage of having Scott around with a full on family day.
We started out at the Shedd Aquarium and between Scott and Acadia I don't know who had more fun.
After that it was a round of visits from all the grandparents. The kids had a blast playing and Scott and I enjoyed the extra hands on deck.
Scott enjoyed his last day that he's able to hold the kids (he can't lift anything for 6 weeks). I think after everything that might be the hardest part of all of this.
We started out at the Shedd Aquarium and between Scott and Acadia I don't know who had more fun.
After that it was a round of visits from all the grandparents. The kids had a blast playing and Scott and I enjoyed the extra hands on deck.
Scott enjoyed his last day that he's able to hold the kids (he can't lift anything for 6 weeks). I think after everything that might be the hardest part of all of this.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Thoughts, Prayers and Posititve Energy
Whatever you got, we'll take!
Most of you know, but in case you don't, on Monday, December 12th, Scott is going to be a living donor for our godson Jaisal who needs a liver transplant. We're leaving tomorrow and spending at least the next two weeks in Chicago while we prepare and then recover from all of this.
We didn't start telling anyone until recently, knowing that something could change at any time. Well, we're about as close as we can get and we know we can use any and all support!
I'll be updating the blog while we're away so you can track both Scott's and Jaisal's progress. You can also check on Jaisal by visiting his blog www.jaisalsjourney.blogspot.com
If you could keep us all in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. We're hoping that this creates a happy and healthy holiday for one special little boy.
Most of you know, but in case you don't, on Monday, December 12th, Scott is going to be a living donor for our godson Jaisal who needs a liver transplant. We're leaving tomorrow and spending at least the next two weeks in Chicago while we prepare and then recover from all of this.
We didn't start telling anyone until recently, knowing that something could change at any time. Well, we're about as close as we can get and we know we can use any and all support!
I'll be updating the blog while we're away so you can track both Scott's and Jaisal's progress. You can also check on Jaisal by visiting his blog www.jaisalsjourney.blogspot.com
If you could keep us all in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. We're hoping that this creates a happy and healthy holiday for one special little boy.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Poor baby
Rylan had a rough time this past week.
This is him on any normal day:
This is what he did all week:
He had a fever and was really tired but that seemed to be it.
Then, just when we thought he was getting better he spiked another fever. Not only that but he got this weird rash that came out of nowhere. So we took him to the doctor. Because of the rash the doc wanted to run some tests so we went to the lab and the little guy got poked.
Fast forward to later that day(Saturday). The doctor called and some of his blood work came back abnormal. He wasn't sure why so he called the pediatric rheumatologist (Rylan's rash was on his joints) who suggested we head to the ER.
So we dropped Acadia off with the sitter and headed downton Boston to Mass General where they have a pediatric ER. This is where the real "fun" began. They ran more blood work, gave Rylan an ultrasound, and even had to give him a catheter so they could run a urine culture. Rylan was a trooper for all of it.
No one could figure out the rash so they admitted him for observation. As a parent it's tough to see your child sick. But to see them sick and have multiple doctors tell you they don't know what it is is kind of scary.
They started Rylan on antibiotics just before we left the ER as a kind of precautionary measure.
On Sunday we learned that Rylan's urine came back with bacteria in it. Basically that means that he has a urinary tract infection. His counts still didn't make sense with that diagnosis, but he seemed to be getting better with the antibiotics so we kind of just let it go.
Rylan was starting to smile and play again and even enjoy chilling in his hospital crib.
Since he was doing better, they let us go home yesterday. Rylan was able to get his IV out so he's just getting regular antibiotics now. And we really don't know what was wrong. The answer we got was this...Rylan had a virus earlier in the week and got better. He must have just had some bad luck this week and then got hit with the bacteria infection.
Once he's better, we'll be getting his blood work tested again. If it's normal, we have nothing to worry about. If it isn't, then we'll have to do some more tests to see what the real culprit is.
For now though, we're just enjoying having our little boy back smiling.
This is him on any normal day:
This is what he did all week:
He had a fever and was really tired but that seemed to be it.
Then, just when we thought he was getting better he spiked another fever. Not only that but he got this weird rash that came out of nowhere. So we took him to the doctor. Because of the rash the doc wanted to run some tests so we went to the lab and the little guy got poked.
Fast forward to later that day(Saturday). The doctor called and some of his blood work came back abnormal. He wasn't sure why so he called the pediatric rheumatologist (Rylan's rash was on his joints) who suggested we head to the ER.
So we dropped Acadia off with the sitter and headed downton Boston to Mass General where they have a pediatric ER. This is where the real "fun" began. They ran more blood work, gave Rylan an ultrasound, and even had to give him a catheter so they could run a urine culture. Rylan was a trooper for all of it.
No one could figure out the rash so they admitted him for observation. As a parent it's tough to see your child sick. But to see them sick and have multiple doctors tell you they don't know what it is is kind of scary.
They started Rylan on antibiotics just before we left the ER as a kind of precautionary measure.
On Sunday we learned that Rylan's urine came back with bacteria in it. Basically that means that he has a urinary tract infection. His counts still didn't make sense with that diagnosis, but he seemed to be getting better with the antibiotics so we kind of just let it go.
Rylan was starting to smile and play again and even enjoy chilling in his hospital crib.
Since he was doing better, they let us go home yesterday. Rylan was able to get his IV out so he's just getting regular antibiotics now. And we really don't know what was wrong. The answer we got was this...Rylan had a virus earlier in the week and got better. He must have just had some bad luck this week and then got hit with the bacteria infection.
Once he's better, we'll be getting his blood work tested again. If it's normal, we have nothing to worry about. If it isn't, then we'll have to do some more tests to see what the real culprit is.
For now though, we're just enjoying having our little boy back smiling.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)





