Sunday, June 29, 2008

Re-do #1

I think everyone's heard our story of the crazy paint job at our apartment. Well, we couldn't take it any longer. Splotchy sky blue walls just weren't cutting it in the bedroom. Especially since all our stuff is dark brown and burgundy. So we finally painted this weekend and we're finished with the redecorating of our room. Here's the finished project.




We picked up the statues in the corners from Thailand. Their name is Bert. Bert is supposed ensure a happy marriage and bring romance and tranquility to the home. So far, so good!



This is another piece we picked up in Thailand. We found it at a night market in Bangkok and just couldn't pass it up. It goes much better with beige than blue!




We're lucky that our bedding just happened to match it all. We wanted to stick with the asian theme and it seems to work!


One room down, a couple more to go. We're actually pretty close to having the whole place finished so it can feel more cozy. I don't think most people spend so much time decorating an apartment, but to us we feel more at home if it reflects us and our personalities. Feel free to come visit to see it for yourself!

3 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

Find me a baby-sitter...and we're there! Looks great!

I wish I could say mine was as clean as yours. Maybe if I take a picture of it cleaned and leave it on the door, it will inspire me to keep it that way?

Anonymous said...

The room looks GREAT and reminds me of the pictures you sent from Thailand. You and Scott did a great job. (and I won't even crack a where's Ernie joke)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I like the wall decoration.