Friday, February 6, 2009

The Twilight Zone...

That's where I feel like I'm living right now. Here's what happened...

My boss: "Anyone have any ideas of what I should bring for our breakfast meeting?"

Me: "Chocolate long johns sound good." Mind you, this was a joke.

Every other person in the office: "What's a chocolate long john?"


I was stunned. I had to explain what they were. I got, "oh, you mean an eclair?" No, a donut, but not the same shape. "A crueller?" NO...A LONG JOHN!!

So I had the great idea that I would go pick some up in the morning before our meeting. And guess what happened...

I went to 2 donut shops and they didn't carry them!! They had something called a chocolate stick, but it was so not the same. So I went to work empty handed.

I immediately called Scott and asked him what kind of place did he move me to that they don't know what this is?

4 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

Get the hell out of there...and come back home!!! Everyone needs a chocolate long john once in a while.

I take it Dunkin' Donuts doesn't exist on the East Coast

Kate said...

Well, I know what long johns are. That is so crazy!

Unknown said...

I've been through this type of thing with Bob many times. It's just a regional thing, and he remembers that he never heard of a doughnut called a Long John before he came out to the Midwest. I have a list of things I never heard of before I met Bob, and he has a list that he never knew about until we got married! We don't hold it against each other, though. :-)

When you think about it, it is pretty funny. Long Johns are long underwear to most everybody, and then we have this doughnut with the same name. I wonder how it ever got that name!

It sounds like a good business opportunity! I saw recently that po' boy sandwiches are migrating from the South so why not Long Johns out East?

Mary V.

Anonymous said...

I think you should print the pictures of Lily and Jack eating long johns and bring them to work. Have they heard of packzki's!!! You may have to make your Mom's quick version that my kids like without the filling using cheap biscuits.
Lv, Aunt Carol