Sunday, January 13, 2008

Confessions...

OK...I admit it. I was a little crabby when I wrote my last post. It was a long day, a long week, and I still haven't really adjusted to life out east.
How hard can living in Boston be, you ask? Here's just a few things that are different out here:

1. People. They're not mean, they're just edgy...and no I don't mean in their fashion sense. I'm used to people saying hello when you walk down the street. Not here.

2. The weather. Boston gets more rain than Seattle. Which means the sun doesn't come out as much. It's gray and dreary a lot on this side of the world.

3. Driving. I drove for my first time here last weekend. While I made it where I was going, it was all thanks to GPS (Thanks again Bob & Mary). I had directions, but of course there weren't any street signs to know where I was supposed to turn. Guess you get spoiled living in the same place your whole life.

4. Prices. Everything is more expensive here: groceries, gas, clothes. The bonus is tax is less but I'm still not convinced that it equals out.


But it's getting better...

Since Scott and I haven't really ventured outside our neighborhood too much, we decided to check it out yesterday while it was warm AND sunny. And we found a few fun things...

-a running store right down the street
-a shoe store with reasonable prices (at least on sale)
-a ton of cool book stores
-about 5 bike shops
-Ben & Jerry's
-a bunch of cool looking restaurants

And we even tried a new restaurant last night.

So what does this all mean? I guess it means I need to venture out. I might not be comfortable with it all here yet, but there's lots of things to do both indoors and out. And I have a great person to do it all with!
Oh...and maybe I need to take a few deep breaths once in a while!

1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

You put up a good front...I never would have guessed that you weren't adjusted yet. Get out there and explore (and EAT). Your personality is suited for that. Hang in there, and have fun on this leg of your life's journey.

You are missed as much as you miss the comforts of the midwest. So glad to have the blog to "communicate" through with you guys.

-Michelle

*And it's okay to get mad when your house is dirty. I do all the time, even when the mess is from me.