Sunday, December 28, 2008

Home for the holidays


Scott and I had a whirlwind four days home in Chicago. While it was busy, it was a lot of fun catching up with everyone.




We flew in on Wednesday, in the middle of a blizzard. Before the Christmas Eve festivities began, Tim, Dana, Ellie, Scott and I all played in the snow.




As you can tell from these pics, we all had fun!



Then Dana and I put up the garland on the front porch. To say we had the giggles, is an understatement. It took a little extra time decorating from all the laughing!




My mom made Dana and me matching aprons this year. This caused another round of giggles. They're so much fun...Christmas on one side and daisies on the other. Thanks again Mom!!




There were a few cooks in the kitchen that night. Here's a few of us in our festive aprons.



Santa was extra good to Scott and me this year. Here's us Christmas morning trying on our new workout clothes.


And here's our last day home...visiting Dana and Ellie again. We hit Cooper's Hawk after this and were able to have a great meal and catch up with Tim. Scott and I both had food coma after all of it!


This was Scott's first Christmas in Chicago with my family. I'm not sure if he's quite come down from all of it, but we had a great time together! It was so much fun sharing my traditions with him. And I know everyone loved having him there. This is just the first of many.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

It was SO good to have you home! Thanks to the blog...I don't have to miss you so much!

jillandjoe said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you guys had a great holiday! Turns out our little guy is allergic to wheat so I'm going gluten free (or at least wheat-free) for a while! Can you please re-send me the link to your blog - I know you have tons of fun websites and recipes on there!

Anonymous said...

It was SO much FUN and Scott was a real trooper!